1. For your own good, whenever law enforcement agents ( whether in uniform or not) stop a vehicle you boarded, stay calm, avoid hissing and grumbling. Whether you are a man or a woman,
2. Please take the receipts of your electronic equipment, laptop or other bulk gadgets (original or photocopy), anywhere you go if you must carry them.
3. If you don't have means of identification from your school or workplace, get at least a national ID card or driver's licence. It is crucial.
4. Delete all your bank alerts, and transfer sensitive information into a flash drive or memory card. Keep your financial transactions away from your phone.
5. Carrying more than one ATM card may bring serious problem for you in our present-day Nigeria : be warned !!!
6. If you must move at night no matter how close to your house, take your ID card and let someone go with you.
7. Dress responsibly - it will save you. Looking rugged and wild may earn you serious trouble.
8. If you are given a vehicle to go for an errand, make sure all documents are complete and up- to- date. Also, your driver's licence must be compliant before you hit the road.
9. When your car is being searched, don't just look away in anger ; they are doing their job. Just
pay close attention to what's going on, to avoid "had I known".
10. If you are not sure of what someone is carrying in a bag, pack, or sack, please ask politely before accepting to give the person a ride. You may be arrested for what you know nothing about.
11. After any stranger you decide to give a help comes down, move forward a little, park and search your vehicle very well before you continue so as to avoid harbouring any incriminating objects left behind.
*TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED !!!*
You may please share with your contacts