I was in a car commuting from home to my place of work. The car was speeding at about 80kms per hour.
Suddenly, I saw a dog with a bone running so fast trying to overtake the car so that it could cross the road.
I was frightened that the car would overrun the dog. I was praying that the dog would increase it's speed and cross the road safely. The car was fast approaching the dog.
Then, I realised the dog suddenly increased it's speed and was able to cross the road successfully.
Pheew, I sighed, thanking God it wasn’t hit by the car.
But, there is something I noticed that fell off before the dog suddenly increased it's speed.
I asked the driver, could you please reverse? I need to see what fell off.
When I saw what fell off, one of the greatest lessons sunk into my thick skull.
The dog let go of the BONE.
It was that SIMPLE, it reached a point where the dog had to let go of the bone in order to gain speed and save it's life.
Men, the dog is SMART… I thought.
What’s the LESSON?
Let go of the bone.
There are bones we have held on to in 2018.
If we succeed to let go of the 2018 ‘BONES’, then we will do wonders in 2019 and years beyond.
There are so many types of bones which for sure have held us back.
Let’s make the painful decision of letting go of the bone of disappointment of 2018.
- Failure to seek new thoughts or new ways of doing things is a BONE
- Doing things in the same unsuccessful manner, year in year out is a BONE
- Thinking that money alone is the source of your happiness; that’s the HARDEST BONE
- Going to work late and acting irresponsibly is a BONE
- Not worshiping God, be it in a CHURCH; that’s a tricky bone, even the hyena cannot handle.
- Watching our friends fail; yet we could have helped them succeed is a BONE
- BONE of anger and resentment, that is the heaviest of all and have greater consequences if we don’t let go.
These are only few examples, but the list is endless.
Let’s drop the BONE, so that we have a prosperous 2019 and years ahead.
Please tell all your friends and your loved ones to drop the BONE.
Bones drag us behind from reaching our God destined potential.
Drop your unbelief, it is a BONE.
Murmuring and complaining is a BONE
I will start it tomorrow or next week but will never take a step for one day is a BONE.
Procrastination is a bigger BONE.
Maybe you are disappointed by friends or a family member please drop the pain off you, it is a BONE.
Please look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.
It is indeed our Dominion season and Year of God's faithfulness.
Enjoy the flight of 2019. Congratulations.